Here are some books that would be great for a book club focused on books that have to do with speech therapy:
1) Thinking in Pictures by Temple Grandin (2006).
The classic book written by the legendary Dr. Temple Grandin.
2) The Diving Bell and The Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby (1998).
The book was written by a man who had Locked In Syndrome, which meant that after a stroke he was cognitively intact, but unable talk or move his hands or face. He was able to use eye blinking to communicate and this book was “written” by his eye blinking.
3) Schuyler’s Monster: A Father’s Journey with his Wordless Daughter by Robert Rummel-Hudson (2008).
4) Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger’s by John Elder Robison (2007).
5) The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks (1970).
6) The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time: A Novel by Mark Haddon (2003).
7) The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism by Nagoki Higashida (2013).